Happy Hours are a girls best friend. At least they’re my best friend. My favorite thing about happy hours are that you can experience all the amazing places at affordable prices. I’m not going to lie this is an expensive city. Cocktails can range between $14-$21. It’s disgusting. You know you’ve been in New York too long when you think a $13 cocktail is a steal. Then on the other hand I’m that “basic b” who bought the $20 cocktail just because it had a popsicle in it and it’d be a good IG post. No judgement, we all have done it. With that said I’d love to share some of my quick tips on my favorite happy hour spots below.
The Mermaid Inn: East Village location is my fav.
- I’d recommend sitting outside. The front is good for people watching and the back is adorable. It’s also heated in the winter.
- You can snag $1 oysters during Happy Hour. Happy hour times are; all night Monday, Tues-Fri is 5pm-7pm, and Sat-Sun 4pm-7pm. They also take happy hour ressies on Opentable.
- Wine and beer is around $5-$7. I recommend the shrimp corn dog (so bomb) and fish tacos for $3. But, for the most part all happy hour is food is under $8.
Flatiron Hall: Get the Pretzel!
- Think of a classy beer hall. Long tables and tons of seating. Perfect for large groups. Don’t forget to check out the hidden downstairs.
- If you’re single and ready to mingle check out this place. The girl to guy ratio is in the women’s favor. Nothing like a whole bar of men in suits after work to make it a very happy hour.
- There are currently no happy hour deals. But, you can grab a beer for $6 and the ambiance is worth the trip.
Ninth Ward: Am I in Pirates of the Caribbean?
- Rated the best outdoor seating, best themed bar, and best bar with a fireplace by Thrillist.
- I agree with the outdoor seating. If you sit in the back it has a New Orleans themed patio and it’s heated as well. In the front you’re right on 2nd Ave and it’s perfect for people watching.
- 2 for 1 drinks Monday-Sunday until 8pm. JACKPOT!
Agave: West Village classic!
- From 4pm-7pm you can snag $5 margaritas and apps.
- Great outdoor seating. The perfect spot to see and be seen. Right in the action of the West Village.
- Let’s not forget what they’re really known for and that’s their boozy brunch. $27 (not including tax & tip) and you get can get an entree and bottomless margs and mimosas.
VU Rooftop Bar: Seriously though….cheap drinks on a rooftop. It is possible!
- Located in La Quinta Hotel aka directly under the Empire State Building.
- $5 well drinks, $5 beers, and $3 shots from 4pm-7pm. Booyah.
- If you check in on Yelp you’ll get a free shot. Don’t get too excited. It’s well liquor. But, hey…it’s free!
I hope you all have a fabulous Monday and enjoy the rest of the week with a cocktail or two. Now you can be Trendy Not Spendy!