We made it y’all! A New York must do is a trip to the fabulous Coney Island. Granted the month has just started but this is hand down my monthly favorite. We decided to go last Friday as a pre 4th celebration. We were not bold enough to go when the famous Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest was going on.
Being that it was a long day I wanted to plan the perfect outfit. I put together a bright yellow tank from Lulus, some festive high waisted palm shorts, a bright red Stella and Dot Cross body bag, and a killer pair of espadrilles. A good pair of espadrilles are find to find. I scored mine at Lulus. The White vegan leather and panel of black create the perfect color block appeal. These shoes were easy to break in as well. I can walk around all day in comfort and not worry about any stains on the white because of the vegan leather.
Shop the look below to be Trendy Not Spendy.
Here are my top tips for those making the trip to Coney Island.
- Take the subway. It’s only 45 min and costs $2.75
- If you get a Pina Colada make sure to get it in a souvenir cup because you’ll get free refills. Tip the guy and you’ll get a floater.
- Get the $35 Luna park pass for unlimited rides for 4 hrs. You won’t get on the rides Coney Island is famous for but you’ll get the most bang for your buck.
- Grab a beer and oysters on the boardwalk. It’s the cheapest food in the park.
- Avoid the games. They’ll just take all your money.
- Most importably…get a Funnel Cake!!!!
All in all Coney Island was a blast! What’s not to love about good times with the babe, rides, and funnel cake. Now thats America!
Yellow Top: Lulu’s | Palm Shorts: HM (Similar) | Red Cross Body Bag: Stella & Dot (Similar) | Color Block Espadrilles: Lulu’s
Sunglasses: Ray Ban